Old November 20th 03, 10:59 PM
Freddie

I have a 1/2 wave 40m dipole in my attic. I use a antenna tuner with it for
amateur radio on HF. It works GREAT for transmitting on 15m, 20m, 30m, and
40m...with the tuner.

When I use it for SWLing on my TS140 or my RS DX398 it does a good job at
general receiving AM broadcast stuff.

I know if I put a preamp on it for my SWL rigs, I'd blow the front end outta
the things...I think.

I read somewhere about a 44' or 88' dipole being real useful for SWLing.

"J999w" wrote in message
I agree with the receiving antenna tuner, that will best match the antenna

the receiver and may help especially on the lower frequencies where the

wire is
short compared to the wavelength. Try adding a good ground, that may or

may not
help. A preamp may or may not help also.

Go get 'em !

jw
wb9uai