Old November 21st 03, 06:47 AM
m II

HFguy wrote:

This guy 'w-tom' is a notorious troll on the subject of whole house
surge protectors. He's been doing it for years on other groups. He's
probably a schill for the manufacturers of whole house protectors.

I put in one of those units last week. The instructions on the back of
the package say to connect the two leads of the device to the two power
lines where they enter the house OR inside of the meter base on two of
the lugs. (Highly illegal and unsafe, too).

Pure stupidity on the part of the manufacturer. This is a major law suit
waiting to happen. I don't know how it got past the 'certification' types.

I wound up wiring the thing into it's own two pole 15A. breaker via a
half inch knockout on the side of the panel. It's the ONLY way to do it
right.

mike

--

..let the cat out to reply..