Old November 21st 03, 08:43 PM
Ron Hardin

Bob Meader wrote:

A local AM radio station in the Puget Sound Area,Washington State,US has
a lot of splatter to shortwave bands expecially around 5 MHZ. I by
happen to live nearby approx one mile so its quite bad. I used
to live 10 miles away and problem still persisted. I was wondering
if a 'loop' antenna such as one by Welbrook Communications could
be used to 'null' it out ? If not anyone else have any suggestions?

The Wellbrook loops work fine for taking out local noise directionally.

Another alternative is an ANC-4 and a second antenna of any kind to
phase against the first; this can be used to take out all sorts of
things.

A third (if it's your receiver that's doing the splattering) is
a trap to take out the AM station's frequency in the antenna feed;
that will suppress the AM band as well in the vicinity though. But
it's very cheap.
--
Ron Hardin