Old November 22nd 03, 12:26 PM
Diverd4777

Mark:

- Missed the part about $ 150;

ALSO Consider the Sangean 505A and Yacht Boy 400; they're fairly popular

look he

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/portable.html

- I bought my Icom R-75 from these guys; ( Universal) pulls in the BBC from
Ascension Island just fine ( Ionosphere willing) using 100 foot random wire.

- ANd got my Sangean 606A from these guys..

http://www.ccrane.com/shortwave_antennas.asp

( very very small set, goes everywhere, ( no SSB ))

Again, and external antenna will make SOOO much difference it's really more
important than
Exactly what set you buy..

& All of them have Small speakers,
so hooking a set of good computer speakers
up to your small portable gives you much much better sound.

Dan

In article ,
(Mark) writes:

Hey Gang,

I am in need of some help in picking out a new shortwave radio. I no
nothing about them, but I am looking for something for $150 or less.
The SOLE PURPOSE that I need this radio for is to pull in as clearly
as possible any and all radio stations from the UK. Specifically the
BBC stations. I live in Minneapolis, MN if that makes any
difference. I am not at all concerned with am, fm or stations from
any other part of the world, ONLY the UK. My wife wants to get me one
for Christmas, so quick replies would be appreciated. Thanks in
advance for any help you can provide. Please e-mail all responses to
me at

Mark