Old November 22nd 03, 12:43 PM
RHF

BM,

Here is a Reading List, a KIT and a few prodiuts that may help you
with your BCB Interference Problems in the "HF" Shortwave Bands.

Filter, Attenuator, Preamplifier, Preselector or Barefoot
- - - by Joseph J. Carr
http://www.dxing.com/tnotes/tnote07.pdf

Dealing With AM Broadcast Band Interference Your Receiver
- - - by Joseph J. Carr
http://www.dxing.com/tnotes/tnote06.pdf

HF (SW Bands) High Pass Filters
http://www.electronics-tutorials.com...ss-filters.htm
http://my.integritynet.com.au/purdic...ss-filters.htm
"A high pass filter is simply the transformation of a low pass filter.
Just as one high pass filter design example, we will say we need a
five pole butterworth filter with a cut off frequency Fc at 2000 Khz.
That is we want to pass all frequencies above 2000 Khz but attenuate
those below 2000 Khz, that is the function of a high pass filter."

Basic Introduction to Filters: application notes on active, passive
and switched capacitor filters.
http://www.national.com/an/AN/AN-779.pdf

Chebyshev 5-element High-Pass BCB Interference Filter Kit
http://www.qrpp-i.com/kit_high-pass-filter.htm

Par BCST-HPF is designed to help shortwave listeners cope with
interference from stations under 1700 kHz
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...ters/4426.html

BCB Interference Filters
http://www.arraysolutions.com/Produc...ersrf.html#bcb

Broadcast Band Rejection Filter by Kiwa Electronics
Coax Cable= http://www.kiwa.com/bcb.html
Random Wire Antenna= http://www.kiwa.com/bcblw.html

Noise Phasing and MFJ-1025/1026 Data
- - - by W8JI
http://www.w8ji.com/mfj-1025_1026.htm

iane ~ RHF
..
..
= = = "Bob Meader"
= = = wrote in message ...

A local AM radio station in the Puget Sound Area,
Washington State,US has a lot of splatter to shortwave bands
expecially around 5 MHZ. I by happen to live nearby approx one
mile so its quite bad. I used to live 10 miles away and problem
still persisted. I was wondering if a 'loop' antenna such as
one by Welbrook Communications could be used to 'null' it out ?
If not anyone else have any suggestions ?

..