Old November 22nd 03, 01:18 PM
Soliloquy

"RP Jones" wrote in
:

I work with a guy that is the president of a Home Owners Association.
Talk about an asshole. A woman in his area approached him to get
permission to have a yard sale. Of course he vacillated, and she grew
angry. He reassured her that her request would be considered by the
council.

Of course, her request was denied. All those cars parking in front of
other people's property would not be fair to the other people.

Fair, fair, fair. boy have I tired of this word.

This guy seems severely traumatized by the fact that these neighborhood
associations no longer have the ability to regulate satellite antennas
39.37" or smaller in diameter.

We have trouble with our interloping neighbor even though we don't live
in an area covered by these prohibitions. The neighbor is the vice
president of the city council in the small borough that we live in near
Pittsburgh. We first moved here, she expressed a desire for us to cut
down (for safety reasons of course LOL), every freakin tree on our
property. She made sure to tell us that the leaves on our property were
"our responsibility" to rake up. (hell, I didn't put them there, the
trees should have to rake them up). We had the diseased trees removed at
a considerable cost, and had the others trimmed.

You think that she would have had a geriatric orgasm. Noooo, she found
more things to harp about. My son had bought a 1967 Chevy that we parked
at the top of our driveway, even though the car was not licensed, as it
needed work before it was roadworthy. We were away for the weekend when
the local police drove onto our property and tagged our car as abandoned,
we had a week to get the car licensed. Enter Classic car plates. We had
to get regular plates for our car, then subsequently applied and were
issued classic car plates. The car was legal, they couldn't tow it, and
there it sat as before her interloping started.

But she never quits. We wanted to erect a privacy fence, but in this
relatively dilapidated neighborhood, believe it or not, there is an
ordinance against them. We had to resort to a shadow box fence. Prior to
this, we had the property surveyed, and the front of our property
includes a small part of what the neighbors assumed were theirs.
Apparently the loss of a small part of their property was too much to
bear, as the survey spike was removed and moved closer to our property.

Imagine this woman in charge of a homeowners association? I'd rather
live in the country in West Virginia (I like West Virginia, very pretty
country) with a refrigerator on the front porch and a small junk yard in
my front yard than to live in a neighborhood covered by a covenant.
Years ago in a telecommunications magazine, I read an article in which an
amateur had crafted an antenna, essentially a pole with a narrow skirt,
and placed it in the yard. He told the neighbors that it was a
birdfeeder, and that the design was to preclude squirrels from climbing
it. The only problem was that other neighbors began to ask if he could
help them construct similar birdfeeders. Well, at least theirs won't
require a buried wire running to them.

http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/reg...trictions.html

Big BIG mistake, its all over for him.
Nothing worse then board members of these associations, I rather live
in an airplane fuselage with livestock.
I suggest this guy try and get out of the lease
Show up to a meeting babbling in pajamas and pee on the floor !!!
-RP
"'Doc" wrote in message

The only one you can blame for this problem is your
self. You signed the lease...
'Doc