Old November 24th 03, 07:55 PM

Sanjaya wrote:
know I want to buy an "emergency" radio too. The
Kaito KA008 looks pretty good to me, but does anyone
own one and care to give an evaluation.
http://www.kaitousa.com/KA007D.htm

I've got two of what looks to be the same radio except that
it's analog, not digital--an earlier model? I got these
for $20 each from a web discounter. I've got a couple of
other solar/crank radios as well. I find them VERY handy--
one (AM/FM only) lives in my garage. I can listen to the
radio while I'm working in the garage, on solar power, and
don't have to plug in the radio or keep batteries in it.
Where I live, we lose power fairly occasionally, and it IS
a good idea to have plenty of batteries, but I really like
having a couple of radios to hand that don't NEED batteries.

(And I just ordered a solar charging panel for my 80AH
and several 17AH gel-cells for my ham rigs. :-) "Be
prepared" is good advice, IMO!)

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD kuzen001 at acpub .duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see? www.duke.edu/~kuzen001