Old November 25th 03, 01:01 PM
RHF

NB,

I have both radios.

The Sangean ATS-909 (DX398) is a True 'portable' SW Radio that works
will with an External Antenna. It is a great small radio with many
good features. But alas, it is a small radio and after awhile it
really sounds like a small radio.

The Grundig Satellit 800M is a "LARGE" Table Top SW Radio that also
works will with an External Antenna. It is a great large radio with
many more good features.

GS800M -=V=- ATS-909
AM SYNC -v- None
SSB -v- SSB
Three(3) IF Filters -v- Two(2)
Good Whip Antenna & Pre-Amp -v- Poor Whip Antenna Reception
LO-Z (50 Ohm SO-239) & HI-Z (500 Ohm Terminals) -v- 1/8" Stereo Plug

TBL: Since you have stated that you would be using the radio with
your 100 Ft Random Wire Antenna. (Primarily going to be used in a
"Fixed" Location.)
= = = My choice would be the GS800M for the extra features and it's
Beautiful Full Sound that will 'enhance' your long term Listening
Enjoyment.

yilgr ~ RHF
..
..
= = = Neil Bell
= = = wrote in message . ..
Anyone have a chance to compare these two radios side-by-side?
Looking for good SW reception and easy tuning using my 100 ft
longwire. Any informed advice appreciated.

Neil Bell

For e-mail replies remove the "notreally."

PW*MTA* (pw*mta*) ~ RHF

pwgmtai ~ People with great minds talk about ideas,

pwamtat ~ People with average minds talk about things,

pwsmtaop ~ People with small minds talk about other people.