Old November 25th 03, 01:03 PM
N8KDV

WG wrote:

I just picked it up again and yes they seem to have a very wide signal.

No, the receiver you are using obviously has a very wide passband. A 'tighter'
filter would clear that little problem up.

use a Yeasu FT-100d with no AM filter. I seem to get them the best at about
13.750 MHz. I would say that the read out is bang on but perhaps without the
filter it is throwing things off.

It sure does, about 10 kHz off.

I don't usually listen to AM but just
thought I would give it a listen to help this poster out.

"N8KDV" wrote in message
Are you sure you were not tuned to 13740? (VOA IS scheduled there at

0130)
What radio are you using, and is the frequency readout accurate?

WG wrote:

I guess that I should have included that. It was 5:48 pm Pacific time on
11/05/03.

"N8KDV" wrote in message

WG wrote:

I was just listening to it and what I am getting is the VOA.

I just checked the current VOA schedule and it does not show them

using
13730. What time are you hearing VOA there?

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8 and R8B
http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

"Jim Douglas" wrote in message
Anyone know this, very strong/clear here in Dallas. I think Radio
Österreich
International (ÖRF)?

Thanks,

Jim D