Old November 26th 03, 02:22 PM
Chris Malcolm

Steve Silverwood writes:

In article ,
says...

If the radio does not power on when you press the respective button
(BTW: does setting the time work?), it's probably the infamous ribbon
cable that has failed. Pre-1997 models are particularly prone to this.

I'm thinking about getting one of these, but I'm curious now that you've
mentioned it: how do you tell if a particular receiver is pre-1997 or
not?

Post-1997 models, i.e., with the ribbon cable fix, have a different
hinge. The pre-1997 hinge is a continuous solid plastic tube in
between the two halves of the clam shell. The post-1997 hinge has a
slot about 1cm wide near the right hand end of the hinge tube, which
is where the cable is routed.

Also, is there a provision for loading up the memories via computer, or
does it all have to be done by hand (frequencies and text labeling of
presets)?

Hand.
--
Chris Malcolm