Old November 27th 03, 02:25 AM
Midwest Kid

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

My brother and I practically rebuilt his 64 T-Bird right in the
driveway. If I was bothering anybody, nobody spoke up.

But if you were selling your home and I had a 1980 rusted Honda on blocks
plus a used beer keg as a 'bird bath', do you honestly think that everyone
that looked at your home wouldn't mind me as your neighbor? That is the
whole point of covenants. Something that protects me when I want to sell.
I could careless about my property value going up, as long as I could break
even it would be better than renting. However, even if your price is
low...having the wrong neighbor could mean 3 people that would have bought
will change their mind. Now I am running out of time, dipping into my cash
reserve, etc. trying to keep my old home and pay for a 6 month lease in my
new city where I work. I personally will not live with covenants. City
ordinances are bad enough!!! My goal is to live in the city I work and get
a home for $90K. Save, save, and save some more until I can get a home not
in a neighborhood that won't be annexed for a while. If it's annexed, I
think it will be time to move even further north. I would rather have to
buy Hondas that will last 200K miles if it means living free.