Old November 27th 03, 03:02 AM
Jack

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 01:18:09 GMT, "CW"
wrote:

Anytime I hear that statement I just right of the person saying it as an
idiot. I haven't been wrong on that one yet.

Hehehe... You never truly own a home. Even when the mortgage is
finally paid off, all you've done is paid off the bank. Now that you
officially "own" your home, just try not paying the taxes, insurance
or garbage pickup / snowplowing fees. See how long you own it for...

BTW, I just love those artificial municipal fees... I was forced to
pay $150 per year for snow plowing fees in a community where it snowed
maybe once or twice a year and usually not more than an inch at most!
Most years they never plowed a single road. My particular street
NEVER saw a snow plow in the 20 years my family lived there.

At least there wasn't an HOA or covenants to deal with. I could have
a rooftop antenna. In fact even after several neighbors put up
antennas (total: 2 CB'ers, several houses with vhf/uhf TV antennas,
and myself with a several vhf/uhf Yagi's and a SWL random-wire running
the length of the roof), our assessments continued to rise, not go
down. My chain-link fence actually made my home more valuable when I
sold it a decade ago, though that was probably just a quirk of the
buyer. g

-jack-

"WilleeCue" wrote in message
. ..
The great American spoof is "home ownership".
If you ever think you really "own" your home just stop paying money for it
and see what happens!

--
Spam email harvestbot foiler tactics in use!
Email replies to:

n2hqc
(AT)
earthlink