Old November 27th 03, 03:22 AM
Midwest Kid

"Jack" wrote in message

You are perfectly welcome to closed-communities, HOA's and
restrictions on what you can do with what you own.

I agree with your assessment of HOAs. They are usually worse that the
government with all their rules and regulations. However, I also find it
sickening that grown adults will enter into a contract and then whine about
not being able to violate the contract. With covenants, the rules are not
weighted. They are all equal. If someone put up an antenna and I or
someone else complained and they made an 'exception', then I would quit
cutting my grass and get a lawyer (if I had too) for my exception. I think
many of these problems come from areas where housing costs to damn much. I
live in the Indy area. Rural homes can be had for $100K for decent to $140K
and you can get a lot of that. The only thing is that you will have to
drive 10 miles to a mall and restaurants. That is why a lot of people
complain because they want to have their cake and eat it too. If every
addition in the yuppie suburban county near 'x' city has covenants....DO NOT
LIVE THERE!! If ham and short-wave is that important in your life, get a
Honda and just put up with the extra 10 miles you have to drive to work. I
have been living semi-rural for all my life. This area is getting more and
more homes in. In my addition, an antenna would look stupid. I would put
cars on bricks just to get back at some idiot who did that (though I might
wait until the for sale sign goes up!!!). However, 1/4 mile away on some of
the older farm homes...antennas would be bad at all.