Old November 27th 03, 10:06 PM
Joe Strain

Rolland: It appears nobody has answered your question : "I was wondering if
there were some radios around that would pick up those Europian stations and
not empty my wallet."

Indeed there are. The Grundig S 350 and the Degen (see radiointel.com)
(reviews of receivers) both cost $100.00

There was a large close out of $100 and $250.00 reeivers at radio shack
some time back...Their Radio shack badged Sangean receivers could be had for
$39.00 and $99 and they are excellent radios. There are analog multiband
radios out there as low as $20.00

God luck and start slowly so you dont take a bath before all your questions
are answered or needs defined.

Yodar in Orlando Fl.

"Rolland @cable.net" rollaand1Take this out wrote in message
I used to listen to my dad's old halicrafter when I was growing up. Hours
spent listening to Radio Hanoi and Radio Moscow usually had me rolling on
the floor. I was wondering if there were some radios around that would

pick
up those Europian stations and not empty my wallet.

Rolland