Old November 28th 03, 03:39 PM
Rick

I also listened until the signal faded into the noise.

"Rick" wrote in message

"Doug Smith W9WI" wrote in message
SNIP
There shouldn't be any broadcasts on that frequency. Some countries do
violate that but none of them are English-speaking.

I didn't think there was supposed to be any broadcast. I've listened on

that
frequency, at that time frame on several mornings and this was the first
time I've ever heard anything.

If you've been listening for 30 minutes and it's now 1132UTC then you
probably just missed the ID.

You're probably right.

My bet is that you're hearing an AM broadcast station. Either a
harmonic, a spurious emission, or a spurious response of your receiver.
Check the AM broadcast band on another receiver and see if you can
find the same program. (you might not find it if it's a harmonic at the
station - interference may be burying the fundamental)

The format sounds kinda like Radio Disney. If I can judge from your
KB1KIL callsign that you're in New England... there are three Disney
stations in that region. 550 in Providence, 1260 in Boston, 1550 in
Hartford. However, none of them (nor any other Disney station) have a
harmonic on 3530. Of course it could be some other kind of spurious
signal.

I am familiar with those stations and no it wasn't Radio Disney.

Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66
http://www.w9wi.com

I should of been a little more specific. The broadcast was in English, but
the music was in either Spanish or Portugese. I don't speak either so I
can't be positive. I listened to the broadcast until it faded into the
noise.

I'll listen again tomorrow to see if I can hear again and then look around
for harmonics. At first I thought it might be Australian because of the
accent.

73's
Rick