Old November 29th 03, 01:54 AM
tommyknocker

Diverd4777 wrote:

Sometimes I get AM popping up n the lower SW bands, but , when using a pre
selector
( MFJ 1046) it knocks down antenna input a bit. No free lunch;
- So I just listen to the murmering in the background.
Its a Much Bigger problem with my $11.00 Analogue / Digital display
JWIN JX -M14

I have problems with a nearby FM radio tower, but only on my 396. My
FRG8800 is hooked to a NW/SE 50ft longwire and has no interference
problems. Go figure.

- Wonder if I could hook up some ugly gaget to the Antenna input of the Jwin to
eliminate overload;

I think the problem is with cheap front ends on portables. They're
easily overloaded, probably because only one transistor is likely used.

- Leaving just
the Crop Circle / Chemtrail / New World Order /
Economic apocolypse / Bible Thumping ,Money Grubbing signals
of Domestic SWR programs..

That wouldn't be very interesting.

& of course 12095 broadcasting the BBC from Ascension Island;
off the west coast of Africa
& 7415, WBCQ, Monticello Maine on weekends

Dan ( Just GOT to get a life...!)

When you become intimately familiar with which kook is which on domestic
SW, it's a clear sign that you need to step away from the radio and get
some fresh air outside (you know outside, it's where that big glowing
ball in the sky is).

In article , "Brian Sturges"
writes:

I've been using the Sony 7600GR with a 40 FT outdoor wire fed into the house
with coax for awhile now. My results are OK most of the time- but I usaully
just leave the antenna input near the radio or use the attenuator. My
problem is strong interferance from local AM stations as I live in the
middle of a city of 250,000. Can anyone recommend a preselector or similar
device? I'm thinking of the MFJ-956. I've already been warned that these
gizmos won't take me to radio heaven. The Vectronics AT100 looks neat- but
I suppose I can't get away with using any gain? Also, I will soon be
re-installing my antenna because I'm moving my listening area to another
room: I wonder how important the direction of the wire antenna is? I live
in the Midwest, so many of my shortwave stations come from the east. It's
most conveniant for me to run the antenna east\west- but I could do it N\S
if the overall performance will make it worthwhile. I'd appreciate any
feedback on this- no, let's make that INPUT.
Thanks!
Brian