Old November 29th 03, 02:12 AM
CW

At the length you are using, it won't matter what direction you run the
wire. The preselector will work but an easier solution would be a band
filter. No knobs to mess with.

"Brian Sturges" wrote in message
I've been using the Sony 7600GR with a 40 FT outdoor wire fed into the

house
with coax for awhile now. My results are OK most of the time- but I

usaully
just leave the antenna input near the radio or use the attenuator. My
problem is strong interferance from local AM stations as I live in the
middle of a city of 250,000. Can anyone recommend a preselector or

similar
device? I'm thinking of the MFJ-956. I've already been warned that these
gizmos won't take me to radio heaven. The Vectronics AT100 looks neat-

but
I suppose I can't get away with using any gain? Also, I will soon be
re-installing my antenna because I'm moving my listening area to another
room: I wonder how important the direction of the wire antenna is? I live
in the Midwest, so many of my shortwave stations come from the east. It's
most conveniant for me to run the antenna east\west- but I could do it N\S
if the overall performance will make it worthwhile. I'd appreciate any
feedback on this- no, let's make that INPUT.
Thanks!
Brian