Old December 1st 03, 06:03 AM
Steve Silverwood

In article , =20
says...
Anyone know this, very strong/clear here in Dallas. I think Radio =D6=

sterreich
International (=D6RF)?

Here's why I always make sure I have the latest copy of Passport to
World Band Radio handy. In the "Blue Pages" you can look up a frequenc=

and see who is scheduled to broadcast on that frequency at what time.

=20
Unfortunately any 'hardcopy' publication dealing with shortwave frequenci=

es is
prone to go out of date rather quickly. Not to knock any of these publica=

tions as
there is a wealth of other information contained in their pages. But, one=

must be
aware of their limitations and not be so quick to assume 'Station X' is t=

he one
being heard, rather it is important to listen for the ID or other clues t=

determine what the station is, then suddenly one discovers that it is act=

ually
'Station Y' on the frequency.

True, but it does give you a starting point at the very least.

Maybe the folks at Passport are missing a money-maker here. I'd pay a=20
little extra to get interim (quarterly?) updates for the Blue Pages,=20
especially if it were in some software form that I could keep on my=20
notebook for reference.

For that matter, I'd love to be able to get the whole book in PDF format=20
on CD-ROM....

--=20

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS
Fountain Valley, CA
Email:

Please visit the following sites:

American Shortwave Listening Club (ASWLC)

Southern California Area DXers
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scads