Old December 1st 03, 07:27 AM
Telamon

In article
le.rogers.com,
"Peter" wrote:

For the past year. Since I bought my Drake R8-B I had to listen to it
from my residence which is a townhouse condo. We aren't allowed outdoor
antennas so I have to run a thermostat wire along the ceiling in my
room.This is ok if you want to listen to the BBC or other powerful
broadcasters, but you have a hard time listening to the hams or air traffic
crossing the Atlantic. Yesterday I went to my dad's cottage and brought the
radio. I set up a good longwire antenna outdoors and hooked it up to the
radio. OMG I was in SWL heaven. I had forgotten how shortwave should sound.
I listened all day. I can't wait to buy my house and get set up properly. Oh
well, It's the price you pay for renting I guess. At least I got to find out
that the radio works perfectly before the warranty ran out.

Just thought I would share this with you

When you find a property you want to buy take along a SW portable to
survey for noise and watch out for deed antenna restrictions or you will
have to answer to the Midwest Kid.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California