Old December 1st 03, 01:13 PM
Richard

Communication equipment made by Standard. Does Standard have a website?
I think Standard is or maybe was the Standard Radio Corporation. Was,
or is SRC a Japanese outfit? Anyone know the history of Standard?

I have a radio by Emerson - Waltham, made in Ireland. But, it is an
exact copy of a Standard model. (apart from labels) Who were Emerson-
Waltham?

Okay.

Standard Radio Corp. was a Japanese company, chamged name to Marantz Japan,
Inc, March 1975.

Merged operations with Denon Ltd, and established joint holding company,
D & M Holdings, Inc, May 2002.

http://207.149.241.222/hifi/historic...on/history.htm

Looks like radios today made by Standard, may have no connection with old
Standard Radio Corp.