Old December 1st 03, 03:24 PM
Mark S. Holden

Richard wrote:

Communication equipment made by Standard. Does Standard have a website? I
think Standard is or maybe was the Standard Radio Corporation. Was, or is
SRC a Japanese outfit? Anyone know the history of Standard?

I have a radio by Emerson - Waltham, made in Ireland. But, it is an exact
copy of a Standard model. (apart from labels) Who were Emerson- Waltham?

The Osterman book shows two different companies using the name "Standard".

iirc one was based in Japan. It's a couple years since I looked at the label on the back of mine, but I think my STR-428 was made in Finland or Denmark.

The Scandinavian one built rack mount equipment for commercial marine use. Mine is remarkably sensitive, but it's got few controls - for example I have just two filter choices - one for AM and one for sideband. One interesting feature it has is a switch
you can throw to instantly tune to 2182khz.

It might help people track down information on your radio if you included it's model number, and any information you have about the radio that's supposed to be it's twin.

Regards,

Mark