Old December 1st 03, 10:50 PM
Beloved Leader

"David Mills" wrote in message hlink.net..

I currently have a Realistic DX-360.

I live in the Northeast US and I am mostly interested in getting Radio
Canada, Radio Switzerland and Radio France International.

Radio Canada is no sweat. Radio Switzerland: too bad. Am I mistaken,
or does 9580 kHz have French language broadcasting when Radio
Australia is not using that frequency? Is that RFI?

RFI drive-by links:

http://www.rfi.fr/
or, in some other language:
http://www.rfi.fr/fichiers/Langues/rfi_anglais_main.asp

The second site has a schedule of English language broadcasts, mostly
to Africa.

http://www.rfi.fr/Fichiers/ecouter/frequences.asp
Note the red book on the right hand side of the page. It has schedules
and frequencies in .pdf format. Cliquez ici, si vous plait.
http://www.rfi.fr/Fichiers/ecouter/F...r2003_2004.pdf

Lastly..has anyone noticed the strong proliferation of evangelistic
religious type radio stations on short wave?

Gosh, no. When did that start, I wonder.

I went to a radio shack today ... the salesman knew nothing [about the Grundig]

Choc!