Old December 2nd 03, 01:39 AM
Gregory L. Dome

Hang a Slinky@ by the window by the fire escape, use the escape as a
counterpoise. I used the Slinky for years as an indoor antenna in a house
that I could not have an outdoor antenna and it worked well. Greg
"Gary Sanford" wrote in message
On 1 Dec 2003 15:26:42 -0800, (Philip
Levine) wrote:

Just getting back into shortwave listening after a 30 year absence.
Now I live in an apartment in NYC and have access to the fire escape
on the 3rd floor outside my window. While waiting for my radio to come
in the mail I'm researching all kinds of antenna possibilities which
do not look too conspicuous.

I'm sure there are plenty of ideas out there and I'd love to hear from
you. Would a balcony vertical antenna work better than a long wire
(well, not particularly long) or a slinky type. The good news is that
I can probably get some kind of antenna outside on the fire escape so
there should be some options there.

Thanks to all.

Phil

You could always try the fire escape itself! Maybe with a counterpoise
or even directly with a delta match. In any case, good luck with the
RFI. I used to live in north Jersey and don't miss all the
interference.

Gary Sanford