Old December 2nd 03, 04:25 AM
Jerry Oxendine

wrote in message ...
What I read into this thread is there are people in our FREE country
that have a serious need to control other people. Those people like
another poster said are classified as HOA Cops.

When it comes to controlling them they revolt.

What is an AAA zoned area?

I live in a community where the county put in zoning laws many years ago
so the members of the HOA decided to turn over our roads to the county
for maintenance, dissolve the HOA entirely. We figured why pay dues for
road upkeep and some over zealous HOA officer/member who wants to take
his/our neighbor to court for stupid things. We already pay taxes for
road up keep but the county would not enter our plan because it was
considered private property. The only county services we had where
police, fire, ambulance. Now things are going much better. We have all
the services we where paying for but didn't receive before, the HOA Cops
are gone forever and the home owners seem to getting along much better.
There are no junk cars sitting around, no one painted their house bright
pink or any other crazy color, the grass in the yards are trimmed nice,
in fact nothing has changed in that respect. There are two 25 foot
towers now, one with a small beam the other a vertical in the plan, one
is mine. Both are hams and both are involved in emergency communications
during major storms. The neighbors call or stop and get weather updates
so they can make the necessary plans. Not one person has complained
about either of the towers, not one.

By the way, the HOA ex-official moved out about 6 months after the
county took over. He found out this is America, the land of the free.
Factually speaking, his neighbors refused to have anything to do with
him because of his over powering attitude. His friends soon followed him
down the road.

God Bless our "FREE" America.

Uncle Peter wrote:

I don't know where you live, but here we have zoning laws that control
much of the issues you are concerned about; and most towns have
enacted nusiance ordinances to handle less severe problems, such
as uncut grass, etc. BTW, I live in a AAA zoned area, and the ham
tower was not an issue. I kept in at the tree line, in the middle of
the property. Out of sight. Also, at one time I had three towers near
the house. The house next door was sold before it hit the market for
the full asking price.

Pete

Basically speaking, it is the true reason I live where I do. I have a
problem being told what I can do or when I can do it on my own property. It
doesn't mean I am disagreeable, it just means that I do believe in freedom
and the right to have and hold property as one sees fit--
within reason, of course. I believe that most people will
take care of their property without coaxing. I also believe one must choose
the neighborhood carefully and that can
be judged by the surrounding houses. In better neighbor-
hoods, one simply doesn't see pink/black houses or bright
red houses. I do NOT believe in covenants, and I avoid them. It's not a
problem since I have lived in the same house for 17 years and I mow the
grass, paint (well I
put on siding some time ago) and recently paved the driveway. Yes, I have a
70 foot tower and a VHF beam.
The dipoles have long blended in with the trees so you have to be looking
for them. I get along with the neighbors as well.

Now, if a new neighbor comes along after all these 17 years telling me I
"gotta move them antennas", I would have to reply "By whom and whose army".

Jerry