Old December 2nd 03, 10:13 AM
Brenda Ann

"Jerry Oxendine" wrote in message
snippage

Of course, the solution is NOT to move into one of those
HOAs with the blue-haired lady telling what color to paint
your shutters. Once you do, you are stuck. Kinda like those folks that
move in next to an AIRPORT and then
expect to get PAID because of the noise. I have no sympathy for them. I
choose NOT to live in such a place.

When I lived in Coeur d' Alene a few years ago, there were the beginnings
of a fight between homeowners (not aware of whether or not it was an HOA or
not) and radio station KGA in Spokane.

When KGA went on the air something close to 70 years ago, it's transmitter
site was miles from town, and in the middle of a very rural area. Well, now
the area has built up, and the homeowners there are trying to force KGA to
move it's transmitter site and towers. This is not a small undertaking,
since broadcast stations are very restricted as to the areas that they can
place these complicated multi-tower systems, and very strict directional
patterns.

For me, I don't feel a bit sorry for those people, they knew there was a
50,000 watt radio station there when they started moving in. So did the
developers. KGA should not be forced to move because of some people's
ignorance or short-sightedness.