Old December 2nd 03, 05:09 PM
Jerry Oxendine

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Brenda Ann wrote:
For me, I don't feel a bit sorry for those people, they knew there was a
50,000 watt radio station there when they started moving in. So did the
developers. KGA should not be forced to move because of some people's
ignorance or short-sightedness.

How about the "greatest good for the greatest number"? :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

NOPE!!

They had the choice to move there or not. Just like idiots
that move in right off the end of an airport runway, then
howl about the noise. They want to be PAID because of
the jet noise. They KNEW what they were getting into
before they moved there. As far as I am concerned, they
ought NOT get one thin dime from it.

If I move into an HOA, then I should shut up about it and
let the old buzzard power-trippers tell me what to do. But I STILL have a
choice to not move into such a place.
I am too feisty and independent to accept domination. I
believe property rights must remain dominant; i.e., your
rights end at your property line and mine end at mine.
Of course, there has to be some reasonable limits, but
what color I *must* paint my shutters? Horsefeathers!
Most neighborhoods "conform" simply by osmosis, or
peer pressure. Most people are likely to keep their property clean and
clutter-free. Most people tend to
flock to what they can afford and you will find that neighborhoods tend to
catagorize themselves; affuent,
middle class, lower middle class, fair, poor, poor-ER.
I think HOAs are unnecessary and I will NOT accept them; those puffed up
self-important busybodys will have
to kick my **** first! So the obvious thing is to just stay
away. I am perfectly content in my 1956 ranch w/basement with the
fireplaces/inserts, garage and double
carport/deck, real plaster walls and knotty pine kitchen.
The geese that reside down at a woods nearby are an extra. OH, my house is
built FAR better than most of the
houses today. During Hurricane Hugo (1989) many of those "fine" houses in my
area were blown down like the
big, bad wolf. I lost shingles. Nothing more. 96 MPH
winds.

So, with this unintended rant, I say that I have no sympathy for those
"neighbors" that moved next to a pre-
existing condition and----well, TOUGH! They shouldna
been stupid enough to move there to start with!! LOL!
Then to have the arrogance to demand that the tower
that had been there for decades(?) have to move, HA!
Again, HORSEFEATHERS! (and a few other things).

73

Jerry
K4KWH