Old December 2nd 03, 05:38 PM
Jerry Oxendine

"Midwest Kid" wrote in message
news:U7Byb.271075$275.966105@attbi_s53...

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message
news
The problem is that in some places in this country finding an area

without
CCRs that will mean an unreasonably long communte to work.

That's my point. It seems more and more, no one is willing to compromise.
Hams want no CC&R and have everything want. Scanner people want what they
want. Short-wave people want what they want. My commute is 20 miles. I
would be fine with driving 30. Some people can't stand that, so they live
in vinyl villages and in urban areas. Some people think 10 miles or more

of
a drive to work is horrible. I don't see how these people would survive

if
they had not found their little niche a few decades ago. Would they just

be
bitter? I know that if I want to live rural, I have to look at almost a

30
mile drive. So? I save my money and take care of my car. If it's that

big
of deal, buy a Honda. Of course then there are the rich folks who can

never
been seen in a Honda. Those are the people I tell to go buy an Acura!!

I have seen this attitude more and more with the younger generation. No
home less than 5 years old. Fancy SUVs, etc etc. Live paycheck to
paycheck. These are actually the CC&R cops you people talk about. Always
bitching about so and so violating this and that.....only because they

think
their home is going to double in value in 10 years. Me, I hope to live as
rural as possible. Even if that means my ham can put up 500 towers.
Depending on what it does/doesn't do to my electronics and his/her

attitude
after I let them know about it, will determine if I see them as friend or
foe. Hams serve a purpose, a good one....but this doesn't mean they

should
use some law to skirt the rules of a contract they were never forced into.

And they shouldn't have to put up with people moving in
long before the ham did and using "some" idiot CCR crap
to make him take down his tower(s).

Jerry