Old December 2nd 03, 09:39 PM
J999w

*sigh*

well that did not seem to work.
I am being blown out by my local AM station.
But I am still pretty dead on all the other AM stations. I cannot pick more
than say 3 or so. Before it was about the same.

But I all I seem to have done is increase the noise!

You didn't mention what radio you're using, but sounds like you're overloading
the front end. I think the antenna is working fine, but your radio can't handle
the loud AM stations in your area. Perhaps a antenna tuner or preselector will
help. You can make one quite easily with parts from an old radio found in the
trash, or rummage sale.

What radio are we talking about?

jw
wb9uai