Old December 2nd 03, 09:56 PM
Diverd4777

In article om, "ASW"
writes:

*sigh*

well that did not seem to work.
I am being blown out by my local AM station.

Hi Art:

- BTW what kind of receiver do you have ??
I have a Sangean 606A, Icom R-75 and a $ 10 Jwin JX -M14
The M-14 overloads sometimes, the others; - Even using 100 foot random wire
don't overload much at all..

- YOu could try something like a Pre selector ( See below )

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/produc...odid=MFJ-1045C

_-I am within ten miles of several 50,000 watt AM Stations;

No problem.

I have it hooked up to about 50 foot of speaker wire.

Which is in turn soldered to the center lead on my coax. The coax then goes
into my reciever. Am I missing something?

- Try just holding the antenna NEAR your radio, not touching it, moving it
closer & farther away
from the receiver & see if that helps..

Dan

But I am still pretty dead on all the other AM stations. I cannot pick more
than say 3 or so. Before it was about the same.

But I all I seem to have done is increase the noise!

I have some spurious interference every 60-70 Khz. This is from my power I
am assuming. How do I get rid of it?

I have it hooked up to about 50 foot of speaker wire.

Which is in turn soldered to the center lead on my coax. The coax then goes
into my reciever. Am I missing something?

- Try just holding the antenna NEAR your radio, mooving it closer & farther
away
from the receiver & see if that helps..

Thanks!