Old December 3rd 03, 01:44 AM
The Axelrods

Philip Levine wrote:

Just getting back into shortwave listening after a 30 year absence.
Now I live in an apartment in NYC and have access to the fire escape
on the 3rd floor outside my window. While waiting for my radio to come
in the mail I'm researching all kinds of antenna possibilities which
do not look too conspicuous.

I'm sure there are plenty of ideas out there and I'd love to hear from
you. Would a balcony vertical antenna work better than a long wire
(well, not particularly long) or a slinky type. The good news is that
I can probably get some kind of antenna outside on the fire escape so
there should be some options there.

Thanks to all.

Phil

Try looking under antennas at the AMANDX site listed below. A few ideas
that may be of help depending on your situation. Sometimes you have to
try a few things to see what is best

--
73 and Best of DX
Shawn Axelrod

Visit the AMANDX DX site with info for the new or experienced listener:

http://www.angelfire.com/mb/amandx/index.html

REMEMBER ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN HEAR FOREVER