Old December 4th 03, 05:11 PM
Kevin Croxen

In article , Kevin Croxen wrote:
Anybody else had a quality control problem with those new Kaito WRX-911
models?

I just wanted something small, inexpensive, and light that I could carry in
my jacket pocket and listen to while walking to and from work, and picked a
Kaito WRX-911 in preference to a Grundig Mini-World 100 PE for this purpose
based on the comparative review on radiointel.com

But the Kaito arrived partly DOA, with some sort of intermittent connection
problem in the RF circuitry for AM MW that renders that one band unusable.
Worse, since I bought it from radios4you.com, who do not accept returns under
any circumstances, the brand-new radio, after its initial inspection and
before being used, needs to be launched directly at the warranty service
department at kaitousa.com

So now I'm just curious. Anyone else had troubles with these new Kaito
WRX-911's? Conversely, has anyone had problems out-of-the-box with the
equivalent Grundig Min-World 100 PE's ?

Regards,

--Kevin

As a correction to the preceding, I have just been sternly informed over the
phone that I misinterpreted the paragraph on the web page
http://www.radios4you.com/payment.html that begins "All Sales Final. Sorry we
do not offer a satisfaction warranty and do not accept returns." I am
informed that my statement that radios4you.com does not accept returns "under
any circumstances" is incorrect, and that they will in fact accept a return
of the particular radio I purchased for a refund.

I apologize for the "under any circumstances" that I evidently incorrectly
adduced from the information on http://www.radios4you.com/payment.htm and
thank radios4you.com for their willingness to accept the return of this
particular Kaito-WRX-911 for a refund at the loss to the merchant of the
original $4.00 priority mail fee for shipping.

But now that all that is done, to return to the original query: has anyone
else had particular quality control problems with the Kaito WRX-911, and are
the equivalent Grundig Mini World 100 PE's known to have any particular
quality-control issues?

--Kevin