Old December 7th 03, 02:27 AM
Diverd4777

-
you could use the pipes as uprights for a HUGE curtain array ..

Put the pipes in some sort of insulated base
Then
When it's set
Wrap insulated Stranded wire round
& round
& Round

500 - 2000 feet later you'd have something of interest..

I mean,
- WHY not give it a try . . !

In article , David
writes:

Sounds scary.

On 6 Dec 2003 19:28:22 GMT, (Steven Swift) wrote:

It turns out that I don't have any decent supports for a good long wire
antenna on my property. I do have access to lots of old iron water pipe.

I was thinking that I could build a support by screwing together 10ft
lengths of this galvanized iron pipe. Start with 1-1/2inch on the
ground, use reducing couplers until I am down to 1/2inch at the top.
Seems pretty strong and stiff. The wire load would be pretty minimal
(we don't get ice storms very often). I could get 30-50ft really easily.

Has anyone done this?

TIA,

Steve