Old December 7th 03, 04:37 AM
RHF

Simon wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 19:45:46 -0000, "Nick"
wrote:

"Simon" wrote in message
.. .
Can anyone suggest a cheapish portable SW receiver with a (roughly) 12
kHz IF stage - which isn't difficult to get at.

I think it's time to experiment with DRM.

Simon

12 kHz IF ?????

Yep, that's what I thought.

The only free way to decode the DRM data stream is using a software
program called DREAM (search for dream.exe)

It requires a 12kHz IF to interface to a PC Soundcard. However I may
just take the more usual 450 ish and mix it down to 12 kHz.

Simon

Simon,

They are talking about a 1st Stage 12kHz IF Band Width at a 455kHz IF
Frequency.
- - - NOT a 12kHz IF Frequency.

NOTE: Most 1st Stage IFs in "Cheap Receivers" fall into a Band Width
Range of 5-9 kHz.

wmcis ~ RHF

..

..