Old December 9th 03, 04:08 PM
Kevin Croxen

In article , WShoots1 wrote:
I wrote that Intel piece, Kevin. I'd already made one revision to it. I noticed
later, though, that the physical description I gave was a poor guesstimate.

One thing I've noticed about mine now is that the tuning is getting a little
sloppy mechanically. But I've done a lot of surfing and band switching since
I'd had it. It's almost become my prime radio. Someday, I'll look inside and
see if there is just something loose that can be tightened. Electrically it's
still good. The tuning almost seems like backlash.

My favorite pocket portable, though, is my Grundig eTR7.

Bill, K5BY

A nice and informative review.

Been doing very little other than shovelling snow the last 3 days. Even got
to help hand-shovel out a stuck snowplow --gosh I love New England! But, when
the sidewalks are walkable again this week I'll make a side-trip to the local
RadioShack, brave the swarm of cellular service salesmen, who at least don't
yell in my ear over the phone, and check out the low-end pocket-size
Grundigs.

The goal remains a reasonable and inexpensive shortwave-capable receiver in
my pocket for the daily walk to work and back. My '80s vintage Emerson, and
equally old Soviet-made Rossiia 303 are not small or light enough to fill the
bill for a walking commute. Back at home, I just tend to listen to whichever
old Halli I've most recently restored or been working on. Nowadays it's the
SX-96.

Best,

--Kevin