Old June 18th 04, 12:49 PM
Cecil Moore

I have two. They do work and their performance is no different than
and other end fed halfwave, as expected and as modeled.

Al gave me one for testing many years ago. Using my Palomar FS1,
it tested out better than a 1/4WL and equal to a vertical dipole.
I also modeled it using EZNEC with the same results. It is still
going strong although, after a decade, the plastic end caps have
cracked in the AZ and TX sun. Honestly, that's the only criticism
I can think of. Those end caps are of only cosmetic value.
--
73,