Old December 11th 03, 07:13 PM
William Mutch

In article , hamop_62
@hotmail.com says...
This came from another radio group. They are doing a survey to find
out why some people do not like the ARRL. I don't like it because it
costs to much. If it were $10 a year I might consider joining.
Louis

"snip"

Bill Pasternak, WA6ITF

I *am* a member of ARRL, but do find the membership a little
steep... I'd go $25,, but will think long and hard about renewing at
$40.

I think a lot of the long gray vanity call lists of DX and contest
results should be moved out of QST and onto some sub menu web page where
the three people who give a damn could look them up. QST is a pretty
good rag; it can still be improved.

I object to ARRL's position that we should not be discussing sex,
politics or religion on the bands...what else is left worth talking
about? BUT I wish ARRL or *someone* could act effectively to make
these discussions a bit more civil.

I don't think ARRL is doing enough of the "right stuff" to attract
newcomers, particularly youngsters, to the hobby. Often the emphasis is
too much on technolgy and equipment and not enough on the social
exploration that's possible with our radios.

On positive side I think ARRL is still doing a pretty decent job
representing our interests to the Beltway Bandits.

73 KC2LVQ