Old December 13th 03, 02:55 AM
Chuck

I just discovered that if you view the text and schematic using MS Linedraw
font, the "ae" becomes a greek "mu" .

--Chuck

"Rick Andrews" wrote in message
I'm new to shortwave, so if I sound like an idiot, it's because I am...
Anyway,
I found a schematic/howto to build a SW converter for car radio. From the
looks of it, it was done sometime in the very early 90's. It includes a
10.7 MHz IF transformer, and a NE602.
One of the parts listed is a ".047 æF" cap, and although my electronics
knowledge is decent, one of the holes in it is what the "æ" represents.
(Yeah, I know uF is microfarad, nF is nanofarad, pF is picofarad, etc.

Just
never ran across something with the æ before.)
From what I scraped together with Google, it's the same as a 47 pF.

Thought
I'd check with experts to be sure, though.

To avoid confusion since there are a few of these schematics floating
around, this is the author's info from the public domain statement

included
with the other files I am using:

M. Cooper
3425 Chestnut Ridge R.