Old June 20th 04, 03:37 PM
Da Shadow

My 2 cents -- my experience with 1/4 wave verticals with ground radials has
been pretty miserable. With many many radials and good ground would probably
be Ok.

When I put the 1/4 wave up on the roof with four radials slightly
drooping -- wow what an improvement.

Also I have had good luck with the Cushcraft end fed antennas with no
radials

Your radiation may vary - hi hi

--
Lamont Cranston

The Shadow Knows
"AA5QT" wrote in message
I have a 6BTV that I'm about to install. It will primarily be used for
80/40/30 meters. Some questions:

I could elevate it, if it would improve performance. The manual says not

ground the radials or the antenna base, so I could mount the unit on an
insulated mast, and string the radials at a 45 degree angle....

Or I could place it near the ground, or try a metal mast, or....

Any experience/suggestions?

Gary K5QT