Old June 20th 04, 10:57 PM
Richard Clark

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:48:41 GMT, "Jerry Martes"
wrote:
I have been picking up parts to build a slotted line. And now I see that
I might be able to build an impedance measuring device per VK2KU and VK2ZAB
information. I plan to go to some nearby surplus stores tomorrow to look
for parts for an impedance meter. It is likely that I'll learn more about
building test equipment than I learn about the antennas I trying to
understand.

Hi Jerry,

The road less traveled here in this group (to the bench) will confirm
your anticipated stages of the cross. ;-)

I have constructed a binary variable length transmission line from
precision coaxial components (Cecil once tried to argue its
characteristic Z was 40 Ohms to deflect a thread) found at this
source:
http://www.microcoax.com/semirigid/intro.htm

I don't know how deep your pockets are for this effort, but it will
let you know that precision and accuracy are available.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC