Old December 19th 03, 08:48 AM
RHF

STARMAN,

"Looks like it could be a worthy replacement for the Sony-2010
with some new features too."

That was my thinking.

~ RHF
..
..
= = = starman
= = = wrote in message ...
Ken Thomas wrote:

Bringing this over from the 900 group:

Hello,

From Grundig/Eton:

1. XM Satellite Radio or Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB) Ready

(The XM antenna had better be built in)

2. Continuous Shortwave with Selectable Single Sideband (SSB)
Reception

(Alright!)

3. Dual Conversion Superheterodyne Circuit Design

(Hopefully, balanced mixers are used)

4. Digitally Synthesized PLL Tuner with Synchronous Detector Two (TM)

(Yes Virginia, the radio has Synchronous Detection! Sideband
Selectable?)

5. Passband Tuning and Selectable Bandwidth Filters

(Passband tuning! In a portable?!? What a deal! Awesome!)

6. 1700 Station Presets with Memory Scan Function

7. 5.7" Oversized Illuminated Multi-Function Dot-Matrix LCD Screen

(Adjustable contrast / brightness?)

8. FM RDS

9. Stereo Line-Level Audio Inputs/Outputs and External Antenna
Connections

10. Dual Clocks and Programmable Timers

11. Digital Signal Processing Enhanced

12. Separate Bass and Treble Controls

Dimensions: 13.1"W x 7.1"H x 2.3"D

(Kinda big, but I can deal with it)

Weight: 4lbs. (approx.)

- Availability: To be announced at CES 2004

- Price: To be announced at CES 2004

Does it recharge batteries?

All I can say is - whoa! If this radio truly materializes and the FM
section is great (has balanced mixers and 2 or 3 IF filters) this is
going to be the radio of the year if not the decade. Unless this
radio takes off HUGE, I can't imagine that anyone else is going to do
anything like this again.