Old December 20th 03, 10:55 AM
Tony Meloche

Bradley wrote:

Well, you need to help us out, too. First off: What radio? If you
can't find anything at night, either, it is almost cerainly a "lack of
antenna". For starters, it doesn't have be elaborate - fifteen feet of
wire around your ceiling will make a big difference. As a general rule,
when scanning frequencies at least, remember that below 9.500kHz - best
at night. Above 11.650 kHz: Best during the daytime. 9.500 - 9.900
kHz: Almost anytime. Let us know how you're doing.

Tony

Its Sangean ATS 505

I have tried it out a bit more and have found a few japan or china stations
, just not very clear right now.

I havent got any extra antenna's or anything,just the one attached to the
radio :-)

I am well familiar with that radio - I own one (though I don't use it
much anymore since I got the Icom). You can buy from any Radio Shack or
equivalent store - and many places online - a cheap "reel up" antenna
that has a jack to fit the antenna input on that radio. Again, hang it
up as high as you can
for most of it's length. Very much an improvement over the whip, but
don't expect miracles, of course. Still, it's a good way to start in
the hobby.

Tony