Old December 20th 03, 05:45 PM
CAndersen (Kimba)

(Andy and Barry) wrote:

My simple repair was done without opening the back of the radio. By
using a Philips Head screw driver I tightened the telescoping whip style
antenna to the small metallic silver part that is notched out to receive
the bottom of the whip. This piece seems to be made of metal on my
radio. (or does it just look like metal?) It also seemed to have taken
all the tension that I put on the screw to prevent the antenna from
flopping around just fine.

No, the part I'm referring to is internal to the radio. It anchors the
base of the antenna and prevents the base from rotating when you rotate
the whip. If the base rotates, it will break the piece of metal that
connects the antenna to the circuit board.

--
Reply address munged. You can figure it out.