Old June 21st 04, 10:57 AM
Hans

m II wrote:
Kees wrote:

Hello fellow shortwave listeners !

More info to make a T2FD yourself, like I did mine, please have a
look at:

http://members.home.nl/rita.kees/t2fdmake.html

I hope you can appreciate it and use it for your practice.

I will be glad to answer your questions.

73/cheers

Kees

http://members.home.nl/rita.kees/t2fd1.gif

I found that my garage is WAY to far away to use this setup.

Following the formula, I took an average frequency of 10 Megahertz. I
divided into 100, as per the formula. I got an antenna length of
(100ft/10,000,000) = 1 X 10^-5 feet, or 0.00012 inches.

I then thought that this just couldn't be right. I redid it using Meters
instead of feet and arrived at 0.00001 meters length. MUCH BETTER! The
problem now is that the store only sells full length rolls of wire.
Where can I mail order a smaller chunk? Can they just wrap the postage
stamp around it to save shipping costs?

Being ever on the watch for cheap alternatives, what is a cheap way of
relocating the far end antenna support?

I don't want to pay to have the garage moved.

Any insights appreciated.

mike

In physics always use meters, kilograms, joules and not inches, pounds
or horsepower

Hans