Old December 22nd 03, 01:30 AM
Jmpngtiger

On my old Lafayette radios I used to locate WWV at 5, 10, and 15, and from
there set the bandspread so that the main slide-rule dial read correctly.

Still, you're always never exactly sure without a crystal calibrator or a
digital frequency readout, but that was half the fun in those days.

I have an S-38A under the christmas tree that my wife bought on e-bay. The fun
is about to begin once again!

jt

I'm using a Hallicrafters S-108 receiver, and having a terrible time
figuring out which (even approximate) frequency I'm listening to.
If anyone here is familiar with tuning old Hallicrafters, I would
appreciate a note of contact.
Thanks.

--
Allen McBroom