Old December 22nd 03, 03:10 PM
David

Here's where the Orange Card from Popular Communications comes in
handy.

Set Bandspread to 100, tune Main Tuning to known station at top of
SWBC band of interest. (Start at night on 10 Megacycles-WWV is the
known station).

Get a piece of paper and put it lengthwise on the desk. Start at
the right side of the sheet and log the 0-100 bandspread reading and
the frequency of each station you can confirm from reference material.

Repeat process for each SWBC band. Save the sheets and you'll have
an extremely accurate calibration for your receiver.

(NOTE: Almost all SWBC stations are 5 megacycles apart.)

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 18:17:45 -0600, Allen McBroom
wrote:

I'm using a Hallicrafters S-108 receiver, and having a terrible time
figuring out which (even approximate) frequency I'm listening to.
If anyone here is familiar with tuning old Hallicrafters, I would
appreciate a note of contact.
Thanks.