Old December 22nd 03, 04:29 PM
Rob Mills

Rick, Radioman,

mcKay-Dymek was a CA based manufacturer which made interesting radios

(some with Collins filters) which were to be home units..expensive, and with
good audio quality, but not truly prograde. I've had several, and have
nothing bad to say about them. They are covered in Fred's book too.
Radioman

I figured that out after I opened my mouth. I even have the same book, just
haven't opened it for a while. I use my DA-5 with my RX320 and it really
makes a performer out of the 320 on MW.
After I made the post yesterday I went fishing on ebay for McKay Dymek and
some one just sold a DA5 and someone else just put up a really nice looking
McKay Dymek DR-44. RM~

======

I own the McKay-Dymek Active antenna and it is a good performer. Its not

my primary antenna but I do use it on a regular basis. I have it up at
around 40 feet or so and it's pretty free of all man made noise. Rick

I have considered one of those mostly because of the quality and performance
of the DA-5 that I have. I don't have the real-estate to but up a lot of
antenna, have a 35 ft B&W inverted "V" and thought I would supplement it
with a vertical. I have most of the stuff to put the AMRAD active together
but don't seem to find the time. If I don't get it going by spring I may
have to get me a "store bought " one. RM~