Old December 26th 03, 02:12 AM
RHF

DAVE,

AHhhh, We Now Have More Information.

An ATTIC Location and a Target Broadcaster Frequency (VOK).

If your House/Building (The Attic) is positioned properly; and you
have a specific band of Frequencies that you want to Receive.
The you may wish to consider a simple Dipole Antenna for
Directivity and relative Gain for a designed Frequency.

"Using a 'SLINKY' as an Antenna ?" read Message #64
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SWL-AM...nna/message/64

* Single SLINKY Vertical "Mono-Pole"
( The INVISABLE BroomStick Antenna )

* Dual SLINKY Horizontal "Dipole"

Consider a commercial SLINKY Dipole Antenna in the Attic.

iane ~ RHF
..
..
= = = "Dave"
= = = wrote in message ...

- - - S N I P - - -

Okay, so here's the problem. The fence is metal, and the house
is covered with steel siding. My DX-402 does pick up BBC on 5975
pretty well with just the whip (next to a window), but VOK is
extremely weak to vanishing. (This last one is what I want the
broomstick antenna for.) If I do go with the broomstick, should
I stick with the five-foot piece that I already have cut, or go
with a longer eight-foot piece which will still fit nicely in the
corner I have in mind. Or should I go all out with a ten-foot
piece (or even multiples maybe) and put it in the attic? Also,
what type of ground should I use? I could run a ground wire out
the window to a ground rod that is as old as the house, but that's
about my only option (the house predates three-prong plugs with
a real ground.)

I really appreciate your thoughts on these things. You obviously
know a lot more about this stuff than I do.

Thanks,

Dave

..