Old June 23rd 04, 09:21 PM
H. Adam Stevens, NQ5H

removing a glass mount antenna is easy
razor blade
it's drilling a hole in the roof of your car that's hard

I did it, and I'm proud to admit it
think of it as marrying the vehicle, unless you sell it to another ham
at 90,000 miles my Durango sports a 200 watt Kenwood (NO TUNER!!)
and still has the original brakes (I don't stop much)

plus a Kenwood 742 on 144, 222 and 440
with a Comet tri-bander amid the roof, a Tarheel and 103" whip on the right
hip for low HF
(with a toroidal transformer that gives 50 ohms resistive on 20, baby)
and a Hi-Q that tops at 6 meters on the left hip
I also have a humongous Hi-Q for 160-80 when needed
what fun
73
H.
NQ5H

"nick smith" wrote in message
dual band antenna.

For better performance, I used a half wave.

Still getting the thing off of the glass and moving it is the current
concern.

( if you'll pardon the pun - ho ho ho )

Keith