Old December 27th 03, 11:40 PM
tommyknocker

Sel wrote:

Dana wrote:
Burr, I am on the coast in Oxnard.
Cant find any sound of what you are hearing.
is it still ongoing?
DW

world wide short wave radio station
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Go here.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...AGT83V98H1.DTL

It was a New Zealand made aircraft being delvered to the USA. The pilot
came from the same place as I live.

I heard about this on my local TV news (Sacramento, CA). The plane was
an experimental one of a kind barnstorming/skydiving plane made by the
pilot, who was going to meet his business partner and show the plane to
investors whom they were hoping to interest in a production run. I don't
think the investors will be interested any longer. Apparently the
plane's nonretractable landing gear flipped it over on the water and
drowned the pilot before divers could reach him. I don't usually listen
to ute freqs, and 1500 is a little early for me (about 7 am Pacific
time).