Old December 28th 03, 03:57 PM
author

The radio in question is a Radio Shack DX66 from around 1986.
It does not have the hum when operating on battery power.
Can the power supply in the radio be modified to eliminate the hum?
How do I do it?

WShoots1 wrote in article
I have a backgound hum when listening to short wave on my RS66 radio

with
headphones.

I'm not familiar with that radio, but is the hum heard while on battery

power?

My DX392 eats batteries but, when using the wall thingie, it has hum on

CW/SSB
and hum bars on FAX. So, I built a regulated power supply for it using

R.S.
parts.

I'll try this coming year to get all the info about the the power supply

posted
as a web page. The supply is usable for any of the portable SW radios, by
adjusting the output voltage and/or changing the power connector wiring.

Bill, K5BY